Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Unbelieveable - Bell prefers new customers to current ones!


Here is the reply I received from Bell (names changed for obvious reasons):


Dear Mr. W,


Thank you for your recent email.


My name is Darine and for your reference, my employee identification is

#######.


Upon full review of your email, I regret that our services may not meet

your needs or that some of our policies may not address your concerns to

your satisfaction. I thank you for providing us with your opinion on

this matter.


However, if you choose the HTC Touch Diamond with a Smartphone Combo

50, the handset will be $199.95 plus taxes.


The original price is $499.95, you are eligible to get a credit of $200

for a 36 month term plus, since you get the Combo Plan of $45 and more,

you will get an additional credit of $170. For a total of $199.95 plus

taxes.


I would like to thank you, Mr. W, for using Bell's website and for

choosing us as your wireless communications provider. I hope to have

addressed your points and welcome your response if you require further

clarification.


Additional information can be found at www.bell.ca and we can be

contacted again at www.bell.ca/contactus.


Kind regards,


Darine

Bell Mobility - Online Client Care


I don't understand, if I have a "loyalty credit" of $200 dollars that I am applying to the full price of the phone, why do I have to re-sign a 3-year contract (I am purchasing the phone at full price!), and if I'm applying it to the 3-year contract price of the phone, then why am I still paying the same amount as a new customer? This is some marketing bait-and-switch scheme here folks. Besides, did anybody else notice some goofy math there with that additional $170 credit? I replied for clarification.

No comments: