Thursday, November 26, 2009

Stay away from Bell Mobility!

Just when I was starting to think that Bell Mobility doesn't give a damn about their existing customers, I was really shown that Bell Mobility doesn't give a damn about their existing customers. Look at the lovely reply I received to my inquiry as to why I should cancel my account, and discard the loyalty credit, just to get the same deal as a new customer would (names are changed again):


Dear Mr. W,

Thank you for your recent email.

My name is Danielle and for your reference, my employee identification is
#######.

Upon full review of your email, I wish to inform you that many reasons
exist for which companies like Bell Mobility decide to make one choice
rather than another. These may be financial, technical, regarding
compatibility issues, exclusivity rights or a combination thereof. These
decisions are negotiated between Bell Mobility and its business
partners, the details of which belong to our internal business community
and are therefore private. I sincerely regret the inconvenience this
limitation may cause.

I would like to thank you, Mr. W, for using Bell's website and for
choosing us as your wireless communications provider.

Additional information can be found at www.bell.ca and we can be
contacted again at www.bell.ca/contactus.

Kind regards,

Danielle
Bell Mobility - Online Client Care


Basically "go away, we only care about attracting new customers and it's none of your business why". Well, I couldn't help but reply, which will be the final anything with Bell Mobility for myself, any of my family members, friends, or coworkers:

Hello Danielle,

Upon the full review of your reply I wish to inform you that the choices Bell Mobility made in this case will be negatively impacting their customer retention rates. Also, there is a term used in marketing, called "word of mouth" publicity, which is a very powerful medium when it comes to forming company reputation, especially in the current age of Internet. The long term effects of discarding loyal customer base can yield very unpleasant surprises for Bell Mobility and their business partners, especially considering positions some of these customers may hold with potential enterprise clients. But I'm sure that as a client care representative you have no invested interest in either continuing this discussion or bringing it up to your management and therefore I will no longer bother you with my attempts to convince a service provider that it needs customers to generate its revenue. Please feel free to "close" this case.

Sincerely,

Alex W.

1 comment:

arabianknight4ever said...

I personally think its better off not to call except to dispute bills and disconnect your service. Even better, switch to a different telecommunication company all together so you rid yourself of headache of dealing with incompetent unhappy employees who don't even want to be there, and we as employees don't have to deal with your IQ of a squirrel l intelligent, your miserable attitude, and your stupid questions. This is my personal opinion based on what I seen from the company and its customers.

http://thetruthaboutbellmobility.blogspot.com/