Monday, November 23, 2009

Another year - another struggle.

So the HTC Touch started having problems again, having served me faithfully for well over a year. Since my contract has recently ran out, I decided that I would see what Bell can offer me, a loyal customer of 6 years, as an upgrade option.

After talking to an in-store customer representative for good 20 minutes, here is what I was told that I am eligible for $200 "loyalty credit" towards my new phone purchase if I re-sign on a 3-year contract. To clarify, I was told that if I signed a 3-year contract, I would be able to get an HTC Touch Diamond device for $299.95! Here's a kicker, new customers off the treet get it for $199.95! And no, the $200 is not applied to the "new customer" price, the representative was quite adamant about that.

So, my reward for being a loyal customer for 6 years is paying $100 more than anybody else? That's not right, I am going to call the billing department tomorrow and set them straight.

No comments: